Happy Camera Day!What Kind of Camera are YOU?
“What kind of camera am I?”
It’s a burning question we’ve all had in the back of our minds, and today it shall be answered.
In honor of National Camera Day this Sunday, June 29th, we are going to help you find out what kind of camera you would be if you were reborn as the best invention ever.
Now sit back and put on your virtual Sorting Hat to discover what kind camera TRULY represents your personality.
WHY IT’S COOL
You will now have a much cooler answer when something asks you to describe your personality. Job applications, dating websites, Facebook profiles, a first grader’s homework…wherever.
Plus, what is life without knowing what the camera of your soul is?
HOW IT WORKS
Below is a list of characteristics that may or may not describe you.
Add the number that apply to you in each section, and whichever one has the most is your camera alter ego!
- Since you saw your first electric pencil sharpener in the first grade you knew … technology is the answer.
- You have EVERY photo editing app on your smart phone.
- You use Instagram and Vine more then the actual phone on your phone (yeah, there’s a telephone in there somewhere)!
- You prefer to travel light at all times. Anything more than a phone, wallet, and keys is just baggage.
- Your cat, Mrs. Whiskerson, has her own Instagram account. You’re proud of it.
- YOU’RE A SMART PHONE CAMERA!
- As a kid, your bedroom was an arts & crafts studio complete with a spirograph, shrinky dinks, and Perler beads.
- Back in college (or if you’re still in college), the art building is where you felt most at home.
- A camera is a necessary appendage for your body.
- Usually you’re not in charge. Just kidding, you always are! And that first sentence just gave you a mini heart attack.
- Your online history is nothing but eBay and Craigslist links for camera stuff because you know there is NO other way to afford every lens on your dream gear list.
- YOU’RE A DSLR CAMERA!
- Wanderlust is your middle name.
- Your sense of style is outside the norm (but still wickedly cool).
- You have TONS of shoe boxes … filled with PHOTOS. You can’t fathom storing them on your laptop.
- Waiting isn’t really your thing. Yay for Instant Ramen!
- You love playing “The Black Keys” on your Urban Outfitters floral patterned Crosley record player.
- YOU’RE AN INSTANT CAMERA!
THE OLD SOUL:
- You prefer to be spontaneous instead of structured.
- Your favorite things to shoot with a camera are candid moments (and to you, selfies are not candid).
- Imperfect photos make you feel like you live in the decade you were supposed to be born in. AKA The 50s-60s.
- You flip through your grandparent’s photo albums on the daily!
- You unashamedly watch “Funny Girl” on repeat – because Barbara Streisand is your whole reason for existence.
- YOU’RE A FILM CAMERA!
Taking It Further
It’s almost time to celebrate National Camera Day, but how? Use your camera type to discover a project that’s just right for you.
- The Storyteller (iPhone) – Learn 10 Tips to Improve Your Phoneography
- The Professional (DSLR) – Paint Your Photos With Sparklers!
- The Nomad (Instant Camera) – Turn Your Instant Photos into Reusable Notes, To-Do Lists, and more!
- The Old Soul (Film Camera) – Make Easy & Fun 35mm Film Stickers!