DIY: Photo Piñatas
Have you ever wondered why piñatas are exclusively reserved for fiestas and strange colorful animals?
Well that’s not the case anymore, amigos! Allow us to introduce Photo Piñatas.
Turn your friends’ faces into awesome candy-filled piñatas for sweet personalized gifts.
You don’t need to wait for Cinco de Mayo, photo piñatas are fit for every occasion.
Need to say you’re sorry? Hard-to-buy-for-friend’s birthday? Father’s day? Proposing? Photo Piñatas for everyone!
WHY IT’S COOL
Your friends will love having their faces immortalized on a piñata that is just the right size for their personal stash of candy. Who is the ultimate friend? You are.
- White Card Stock
- Crepe Paper Streamers
- Masking Tape
- Double Sided Tape
- Candy and confetti to fill your box
- Photo as large as the front of your box
STEP 1: Cut
For the rest of us, measure and cut two 8” squares and four 3” by 8” rectangles out of the white cardstock.
STEP 2: Tape
STEP 3: Gettin it 3D
This is starting to look like a real box, right?
STEP 4: Candy Time!
Why don’t you help yourself to a lollipop? You’ve been working hard.
STEP 5: Put a lid on it
STEP 6: Cut
Yep, just like that.
STEP 7: Fringe
Fringe time! Cut even, thin strips from the bottom up to just before the edge of the double sided tape. Continue along until the entire strip is fringed.
STEP 8: Stick
It is easiest to start from the bottom up.
Taking It Further
- Get creative with the dimensions. Make smaller cubed photo piñata boxes or go huge and make them life-size
- Take photos of your friend’s head (no, don’t tell them why) from all sides to make a ‘3D’ photo piñata
- If the gift is for a couple, mesh their faces together by alternating strips of each one’s face