We're seeking freelance Tutorial Writers/Photographers. We're in San Francisco, but you can be anywhere.
Hi! We're Photojojo, an online photography newsletter + store. And we're here to remind the world that photography isn't about the size of your lens - it's about fun!
We've got over 600,000 BFFs (subscribers, followers, and fans) and we're looking for a few crack shot writers slash photo addicts to come up with amazing DIY photo projects, inspiring photo stories, and I-wish-I'd-thought-of-that camera hacks.
What you'll be doing as a Tutorial Writer/Photographer @ Photojojo
- Writing & photographing 2 or more awesome tutorials a month
- Coming up with fun & creative new article & project ideas
- Elevating tutorial writing/photography to an art form
- Meeting and beating deadlines
- Karate chopping through HTML/Wordpress
- Working independently
- Teaching people around the world how to do things!
About you ...
- You're a creative DIY-er through-and-through. You're a master at figuring out how to make things at home.
- You're a photo nut. You have a hundred and one cameras, and you love photography more than life itself.
- Writing is a breeze for you. You write for fun and have a fun writing voice. Clear communication and grammar? You have those down pat!
- You're an idea machine. You're constantly coming up with new projects and crazy, fun experiments to try with your camera/lens/film.
- You have the discipline of the Karate Kid. You're organized, have stellar follow-through & never miss a deadline.
- You can shoot a mean photo. Your photos are clean and colorful and show off just how great your project is.
- This sounds like your dream job come true!
How to Apply
Look through our archives to get a sense for what kind of DIY photo projects we write about.
1) Briefly tell us why you're the perfect fit and what kind of DIY you specialize in: craft, photo shooting techniques, camera/lighting hacks, and/or phoneography.
2) Attach a resume.
3) Send us the following samples:
- Five ideas for what you think would make an awesome Photojojo write-up: DIY projects you dreamt up, cool sites our readers can use, a themed roundup, anything.
What we're looking for: Specific, unique, and fun ideas. Build on our style while breaking new ground.
- A writing sample introducing one of your DIY tutorial ideas (200-400 words).
What we're looking for: Sharp writing skills and a fun, clever and creative voice. [Example introductions]
- 4 photos to go with your tutorial. One feature photo showing off the final product and 3 instructional photos.
What we're looking for: Clean and colorful aesthetic. Simply great photos that show off how great your project is. [Example feature photos: 1, 2, 3] [Example tutorial photos] (Send as links, JPEG, PDF or DOC )
- Send everything to us here: firstname.lastname@example.org
p.s. Apply soon. We're eager to meet you! :)
- Write like the wind and edit ruthlessly
- Love photography an unhealthy amount
- Draw from the depths of the English cannon as easily as the waves of pop culture.
- Have a knack for finding the coolest photo stuff, first.
- Are so organized it's scary.
- Have identified stylistic inconsistencies in this listing.