Hello! We're Photojojo and we're looking for a freelance Product Photographer in San Francisco who knows product photography is an art.
We aren't just showing products, we're telling stories; our photos and videos are worth talking about in their own right. And we need a crafty photographer who can help us do just that!
We're a (tiny) company that's all about making photography awesome in a BIG way.
We run the most fun online shop you've EVER seen, wrote a book, have a not-so-small army of subscribers, fans, and followers, and we've been in the New York Times, Today Show, Wired, Readymade, and lots more.
What you'll be doing
Each month we'll hand you a big batch of extraordinary photography goodies. Your job is to shoot them for our store in creative, inspiring, and informative ways. You'll need to get clean studio shots on white backgrounds AND lifestyle shots that show products in use in fun settings and with people. (With occasional short videos.)
This is a recurring contract gig with flexible hours that will vary depending on the season. It's especially important that you have availability now through the end of this year.
We're located in the Mission district in San Francisco, and require candidates who are located nearby.
You've got a bit of experience in product photography (though it's not required) and you...
- Are meticulous and technically proficient (improper white balance simply outrages you)
- Love to experiment and be creative
- Often go above and beyond on a project
- Have style that's fun, playful, and full of wit, yet simple and clean
- Are great at getting friends and strangers to model for you
- Are a whiz at editing and know your way around Lightroom and Photoshop
- Keep your photo files organized better than the Library of Congress
- Eat projects for breakfast and meet (or beat) a deadline like your life depends on it
Why this is rad
We take photography very seriously, and product photography especially so. We believe product photography can be an art, and we want to take the best damn product photos anyone's ever taken. Consider this an opportunity to create daring work.
How to Apply
Send your cover letter, resume, and mini-shoot (required) to us by clicking on the 'Apply Now' button below:
- Browse our store to get a feel for our aesthetic.
- Find a photo-related product you love and do a mini-shoot with it in Photojojo style. The photos should show us what it is, what it does, and why it's rad.
(We want to see both clean studio shots and lifestyle shots. This is required!)
- Tell us why you're a perfect fit for the job in your own creative cover letter. We'd appreciate a resume as well.
- Love photography?
- Wear a smile as often as you wear underwear?
- Know how to tell a story with photos?
- Know how to explain complicated concepts with a simple image?
- Stay ridiculously organized?