Hello! We're Photojojo and we're looking for a Lead Photographer in San Francisco with a head for business, a passion for planning, and a never-ending love for photography.
We're a (tiny) company that's all about making photography awesome in a BIG way.
We run the most fun online shop you've EVER seen, wrote a book, started an online photo school and have over a million subscribers, fans, and followers. We've been in the New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Today Show, Wired, and lots more.
We're building a small, awesome team that loves working together. (Seriously, last year we took the company to Thailand!)
What you'll be doing ...
You'll be in charge of all things photo, from shooting new additions in the shop to crafting beautiful photo stories for our Newsletter.
You're in charge of what makes a photo 'good'. That means more than just even lighting, sharpness, and an accurate exposure. It's making product photography that's art, and a source of inspiration.
Photojojo is a small but growing company. You'll have a heavy hand in shaping the look and feel of what makes Photojojo, Photojojo. And that's pretty darn neat!
About you ...
You've got experience in photography (obvi), videography (ideally) and you:
- Are meticulous and technically proficient (improper white balance simply outrages you, shadows haunt you in your sleep).
- Are a proactive planner. You do things before anyone ever knows they need to be done.
- Have style that's fun, playful, and full of wit, yet simple and clean.
- Are a whiz at editing and know your way around Lightroom, Photoshop, and Final Cut Pro.
- Have a head for business and a love for marketing. You can sell anything with your smart and savvy style.
- Eat projects for breakfast and meet (or beat) deadlines like your life depends on it.
How to Apply
- Browse our store to get a feel for our aesthetic.
- Write a cover letter telling us why you're the perfect fit for the job. Tell us what your vision for Photojojo photography is!
Send your cover letter, a link to your portfolio and your Instagram handle to email@example.com.
- Don't wait, we're reaching for the perfect match ASAP!
- Believe product photography can, and should be, art?
- Want to create images and video that spread and get people talking?
- Have a passion for helping others be more creative?
- Take an analytical approach to creating successful photographs?
Why this is rad
You'll be responsible for every photo and video in our store. You'll make contributions people will notice and create images and video people will love.
You'll also get to use your creative skills in a marketing context and have an impact on all areas of our company.
This is a position where you can grow and learn tons along the way