We're on a mission...
...to treat our customers the way we treat our friends
...to spread our love of photography o'er the land
...to cure the curse of customer service
In brief: We have the best customers in the world, and we aim to make them the happiest, too.
And we need your help.
We're a (tiny) company that's all about making photography awesome in a BIG way.
We run the most fun online shop you've EVER seen, wrote a book, have over 600,000 subscribers, fans, and followers, and we've been in the New York Times, Today Show, Wired, on the CBS Early Show, and lots more.
What you'll be doing
You'll be part of a super fun team that mans our email, chat, and phone support, helping Photojojo shoppers with questions about life, love, store products, and their orders.
This is a temporary part-time position (4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week, including at least one weekend day) starting in early November and going through late January (including Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and/or New Years Day). Have we mentioned, we really love our customers?
You can work from anywhere you've got a computer and a speedy Internet connection. We're looking to build up an army (of friendship) all across the globe, but you must speak/type/sing English darn near perfectly.
You're a cheeky guy or gal willing to do just about anything (cookie-baking, lion-taming, singing-telegraming) to make shopping at Photojojo the best thing ever.
- You've got some retail experience and know what it takes to make people happy.
- People consider you pretty tech savvy. You pick up on new things fast and already know your way around Google Drive.
- You're flexible. You can hop on the internet at a moment's notice to deal with any situation. Toe-touching capabilities not required.
- You can make people giggle about anything. (Think about the last time someone made you smile when they gave you a UPS tracking number.)
- You love photography, and you aren't afraid to talk about it.
- You're good at explaining things clearly. You taught your Grandpa how to use the Internet.
How to Apply
- Write up a cover letter to tell us why you're a perfect fit. Show us your personality, and how you stand out. We like uniqueness.
- Tell us about the best customer service experience you've ever had. What made it so great?
- Tell us about that one time you made a grumpy person happy again (and how the heck you did it).
- Choose your favorite item in the Photojojo Shop, and write a brief letter to your Grandma explaining how it works (send a copy to us, and to her too, she misses you).
- Gather some links to your favorite blogs/websites. Tell us why they made your list.
- Dig up your resume too, and attach it with the rest of the goods.
- Once you've got all the pieces together, click that "Apply Now" button! Do it! (Quick! We're hiring, NOW)!
- Love people?
- Love photography?
- Wear a smile as often as you wear underwear?
- Know how to make people laugh?
- Stay ridiculously organized?
Why this is rad
We have the funnest customers out there, and you get to interact with them. You can work from anywhere, and your job is to make people happy. Yup, this is a real job.