We're on a mission to ...
...treat our customers the way we treat our friends
...spread our love of photography o'er the land
...cure the curse of customer service
We have the best customers in the world, and we aim make them the happiest, too. We need your help!
We're a (tiny) company that's all about making photography awesome in a BIG way.
We run the most fun online shop you've EVER seen, wrote a book, have a not-so-small army of adoring fans, and we've been in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Wired, on Good Morning America, ABC and NBC News, and lots more.
What you'll be doing
You'll be part of a super fun team that mans our email, chat, and phone support helping Photojojo shoppers with questions about life, love, store products, and their orders.
This is a temporary part-time position (4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week, including at least one weekend day) starting in early November and going through late January (including Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and New Years Day, so keep that in mind). Have we mentioned, we really love our customers?
You can work from anywhere you've got a computer and a speedy Internet connection. We're looking to build up an army (of friendship) all across the globe, but you must speak/type/sing English darn near perfectly.
You're a cheeky guy or gal willing to do just about anything (cookie-baking, lion-taming, telegram-singing) to make shopping at Photojojo the best thing ever.
- You've got some retail experience and know what it takes to make people happy.
- People consider you pretty tech savvy. You pick up on new things fast and know every Gmail shortcut invented.
- You can type quickly for hours on end, days even! You can type while eating a sandwich!
- You're flexible. You can hop on the internet at a moment's notice to deal with any situation. Toe-touching capabilities not required.
- You can make people giggle about anything. (Think about the last time someone made you smile when they gave you a UPS tracking number).
- You love photography, and you aren't afraid to talk about it.
- You're good at explaining things clearly. You taught your Grandma how to use the Internet.
- You've got a knack for juggling multiple tasks and you follow up on things like a boss!
How to Apply
Write up a cover letter to tell us why you're a perfect fit. Show us your personality. We like uniqueness!
Also include ...
- A story about the best customer service experience you've ever had. What made it so great?
- A letter to your Grandma about your favorite item in the Photojojo Shop. Explain to her what makes it cool and also how it works.
- A pretend response to a customer whose photos are coming out dark and blurry from their refurbished Polaroid SX-70 Camera. How would you troubleshoot and respond?
Send it all with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (What are you waiting for?)
- Love people?
- Love photography?
- Wear a smile as often as you wear underwear?
- Know how to make people laugh?
- Stay ridiculously organized?
Why this is rad!
- We have the funnest customers out there (they love photography as much as we do), and you get to interact with them.
- You can work from anywhere while simultaneously amassing your own pet dinosaur collection!
- Not to mention that you have the happiest job in the universe because your goal is to spread happiness. Yup.