We're seeking a freelance wordsmith that loves photography. We're in San Francisco, but you can be anywhere.
Hi! We're Photojojo, an online photography newsletter + store. And we're here to remind the world that photography isn't about the size of your lens - it's about fun!
We've got over 600,000 BFFs (subscribers, followers, and fans), and we're looking for a crack shot writer slash photo addict to play with Photojojo goodies and write about them for the Photojojo Store.
What you'll be doing as a Writer @ Photojojo
- Writing awesomely entertaining copy about new Photojojo products
- Writing 4 to 6 product pages & newsletters each month
- Elevating product copy to an art form
- Playing with new products & becoming an expert on them
- Educating shoppers & getting them excited about our new finds
- Putting your basic knowledge of HTML to use
- Working independently and taking charge to get 'er done
- You're an effortless writer. You write for fun and are regularly complimented for your flawless clarity and wit.
- You have mad grammar skills. You scored an A in English, and you can sharpen a sentence as easily as you can identify the grammatical errors on this page.
- Everyone knows you're the best storyteller. Whether you're telling your BFF about your trip to the photo lab or writing a tweet, you keep 'em enthralled, start to finish.
- You're a self-proclaimed photo nut. You've got a Hasselblad on your keychain and an iPhone in your pocket.
- You have a head for marketing. You know precisely what makes people say gimme.
- You meet & beat deadlines. You stick to deadlines like a pro and have stellar follow-through, even on a tight schedule.
- Editing is your middle name. You're all about getting it right.
- You're fun to work with.
How to Apply
1) Tell us why you're the perfect fit.
2) Attach your resume.
3) Write a 150-200 word sample about this in our voice. (Check out our store to get a sense of our style.)
We're looking for
- Creativity -- a fun writing voice and storytelling skills.
- Clear communication -- what does it do? Why is it rad?
- A solid sell -- did you make us want this gizmo?
4) Send us 3 links showing us examples of what you think is great product copy. Give us a short answer as to why for each.
5) Throw it all into an email and send it off to firstname.lastname@example.org
p.s. Apply soon. We're eager to meet you! :)
- Write like the wind and edit ruthlessly
- Draw from the depths of the English canon as easily as the waves of pop culture.
- Are a pro at grammar dos & don'ts
- Love photography an unhealthy amount
- Stay ahead of deadlines.
- Are so organized it's scary.
- Have identified stylistic inconsistencies in this listing.