Hello! We're Photojojo and we're looking for a full-time Product Buyer in San Francisco with a love for photography and a knack for numbers.
We're a (tiny) company that's all about making photography awesome in a BIG way.
We run the most fun online shop you've EVER seen, wrote a book, have over 600,000 subscribers, fans, and followers, and we've been in the New York Times, Today Show, Wired, Readymade, and lots more.
We're building a small, awesome team that loves working together. (Seriously, this year we took the company to Puerto Vallarta!)
What you'll be learning ...
We're all about finding the most rarest photo goodies in the world. We've done a pretty good job so far, but we know there's much, much more to conquer.
It's your job to conquer -- and pick up some new skills along the way!
That means constantly searching for awesome new stuffs while being responsible for the sales and profitability of the existing products in the shop.
As a Photojojo Buyer your tasks will be divided between:
Analyzing Sales - Poring over sales data, looking for trends in our sales and the industry, and making inventory projections. Also, ensuring we have healthy inventory levels and quality products (placing fill-in orders, finding alternate vendors, handling returns, quality control, etc.)
Buying - Scouring the Internet (and the Earth) to find the latest and greatest photo goodies. You'll be doing a lot of web research and a bit of travel (from Vegas trade shows to Hong Kong street markets).
Planning - Scouring the Internet (and the Earth) to find the latest and greatest photo goodies. You'll be doing a lot of web research and a bit of travel (from Vegas trade shows to Hong Kong street markets).
Leading - Scouring the Internet (and the Earth) to find the latest and greatest photo goodies. You'll be doing a lot of web research and a bit of travel (from Vegas trade shows to Hong Kong street markets).
Back at home you'll be staying on top of the latest gadgets and gear, developing relationships with vendors, negotiating, and helping launch new items in the shop.
About you ...
- You're a planner. You're obsessively obnoxiously neurotically organized, and you can't live without lists. Your sock drawer is color-coordinated and you have a Google spreadsheet for your DVD collection.
- Tech head. You know about all the photo gadgets first. You've read the Wikipedia page on lens optics just for fun. More than once.
- Great taste. You've got it - simply put. It's not unusual for you to get compliments on your curatorial habit.
- Mad negotiating skillz. You ask for what you want. And you've got the sense to know when you're asking for too much.
- You kick-ass with minimal supervision. You're used to setting your own deadlines and sticking to 'em.
- Stats and numbers whiz. You make yourself data sandwiches and wash 'em down with formulas. (Sometimes regressions!) You love pie charts and pie, equally.
- Fun to work with. We think work should be fun, and working with friends is a big part of that.
- You can't live without photography. It's the air you breathe, the water you swim in, the cereal you eat for breakfast.
How to Apply
- Take a look at our store to get a feel for the kinds of products we sell.
- Find 10-15 products you think would be a great fit for our store. (Send us links or pics.)
- Put it all in a cover letter telling us why you're a perfect fit for the job.
- Click that "Apply Now" button! Do it!
- Love photography?
- Always know about the coolest photo stuff, first?
- Have a head for business and numbers?
- Stay ridiculously organized?
Why this is rad
You'll be a key member of our store team, with broad responsibility. You'll make contributions people will notice, and learn tons along the way.