Hello! We're Photojojo, and we're on a mission to make photography more fun for everyone.
We're looking for a full-time iOS Developer in Houston, TX. (relocation assistance available)
We run the most fun online shop you've seen, wrote a book with Random House ( on Amazon :D), have a not-so-small army of adoring fans, and we've been in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Wired, on Good Morning America, ABC and NBC News, and lots more.
We're a (small) company with big dreams and big heart. We're seven years old, we're profitable (whoa!), growing, and have a unique model that combines publishing and e-commerce.
We believe in hard work, and we believe work should be fun. (We even take the whole company on 2-3 week "workcations" each year! In 2011 we took the company to India, in 2012 we went to Mexico! and in 2013 we went to Thailand!)
We're building to last and our customers love us.
What you'll be doing
You'll be key in spearheading our entry into mobile apps on the iOS and other platforms. We have big plans, exciting projects and a vision for what we want to do for people on mobile devices.
We want you to be active in determining our product direction and are eager to have you work in and learn from different areas of our business.
Most of all, we want you to make our baby your baby; not in the child adoption sense, but in the you-love-this-stuff-as-much-as-we-do-and-can't-not-think-about-it sense.
*BONUS!* We're doing all kinds of new and awesome things like Photojojo University, Rentals and Engineer Prints. We want to do fun things like this on the mobile platform.
You're entrepreneurial, eager to make things happen, and want to work with smart people who respect what you do. Great ideas and strong opinions welcome!
You love to write beautiful code, desire to grow and improve your skills, and enjoy learning new technologies.
You've got at least 3-5 years of experience building for mobile devices, but you still lay awake thinking about this stuff just like you did when you started.
People really really like working with you.
- Have working knowledge of Cocoa, Objective-C and Xcode
- Have working knowledge of Object Oriented concepts and a strong passion for software development
- Have a strong interaction and design sense
- Be self-motivated to explore new technologies, applications and environments
- Possess boundless enthusiasm and attention to detail
- Be a self-starter, highly motivated, team-player
- Be willing/able to relocate to Houston
- Love photography and Photojojo!
Nice to have...
- Experience with Apple Approval & Distribution Process, Ad Hoc & Enterprise Distribution
- SQL knowledge and/or willingness to learn
- An approved store App
- You are passionate about open source and contribute
- You’re not afraid to solve deep technical challenges of a whole new level at a huge scale
- You have an intrinsic curiosity in technological innovations and you are always on top of the latest trends
- Familiarity with version control (we love Git)
- Experience with e-commerce
- Experience with A/B testing
- Deep and abiding love for data and analysis
Our development team is located in Houston, TX (Katy to be exact) and we are seeking someone local or someone who wants to be local. (We can help with moving expenses.)
How to Apply
Write us and tell us all about yourself!
We'd love to hear about:
- Projects you've worked on & the problems you solved on each.
- Why this is your ideal job and why we must hire you.
- What features/products you think we should build.
- Your social media links
- What we should have asked, but didn't.
Send it all here: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you sound like a good fit, we'll be in touch lickity-split!
p.s. Apply soon. We're eager to meet you! :)